Efe Sevin is a political communications specialist with professional experience and advanced academic training inplace/nation branding, public diplomacy, international relations, public affairs, and communication management.He has created and implemented various online/offline communication campaigns.He has experience in designing and executing place rebranding projects and crisis communication strategies.Thus far, he has presented and published numerous research articles on nation branding, place branding,crisis communication, strategic communication, public diplomacy, and international affairs. His works have beenpublished in several academic journals and books including American Behavioral Scientist, Public Relations Review, and Cities.
His most recent book, Public Diplomacy and the Implementation of Foreign Policy in the US, Sweden and Turkey, is published by Palgrave Macmillan.
Dr. Sevin received his Ph.D. in International Relations with specializations in International Communication and Comparative and Regional Studies from the American University, School of International Service (Washington, DC, USA). He holds an in Communication Management from Emerson College (Boston, MA, USA) and a B.Sc. in International Relations and Sociology from Middle East Technical University (Ankara, Turkey).
Dr. Sevin is currently affiliated with the University of Fribourg (Switzerland) as a post-doctoral fellow. Before this affiliation, he worked as an assistant professor at the Department of Public Relations and Information of Kadir Has University.
Areas of Expertise
- Research Design: Qualitative & Quantitative Research, Big Data, Visualization, Semantic & Social Network Analyses
- Place Branding: Assessment, Brand Positioning, Design, Implementation, Measurement, and Evaluation
- Public Diplomacy: Assessment, Design, Implementation, Measurement, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Strategic Communication: Audience analysis, Project Design, Measurement, and Evaluation
- Reputation Management: Crisis Communication and Management, Crisis Management
- Communication Audit: Assessing Internal and External Communication Processes