Efe Sevin is a political communications specialist with professional experience and advanced academic training in place/nation branding, public diplomacy, international relations, public affairs, and communication management. His current research agenda focuses on identifying and measuring the impacts of social networks on place branding and public diplomacy campaigns. His works have been published in several academic journals and books including American Behavioral Scientist, Cities, International Journal of Communication, and Public Relations Review.
His most recent co-edited volume, City Diplomacy Current Trends and Future Prospects, was published by Palgrave MacMillan in 2020. His solo-authored book, Public Diplomacy and the Implementation of Foreign Policy in the US, Sweden and Turkey, was also published by Palgrave Macmillan in 2017.
Dr. Sevin received his Ph.D. in International Relations with specializations in International Communication and Comparative and Regional Studies from the American University, School of International Service (Washington, DC, USA). He holds an in Communication Management from Emerson College (Boston, MA, USA) and a B.Sc. in International Relations and Sociology from Middle East Technical University (Ankara, Turkey).
Dr. Sevin is currently affiliated with Towson University’s Department of Mass Communication. Before coming to Towson University, he worked as an assistant professor and program coordinator at Reinhardt University (Waleska, GA), post-doctoral fellow at University of Fribourg (Switzerland), and assistant professor of at public relations at Kadir Has University (Istanbul, Turkey).
Areas of Expertise
- Research Design: Qualitative & Quantitative Research, Big Data, Visualization, Semantic & Social Network Analyses
- Place Branding: Assessment, Brand Positioning, Design, Implementation, Measurement, and Evaluation
- Public Diplomacy: Assessment, Design, Implementation, Measurement, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Strategic Communication: Audience analysis, Project Design, Measurement, and Evaluation
- Reputation Management: Crisis Communication and Management, Crisis Management
- Communication Audit: Assessing Internal and External Communication Processes